Thursday, June 30, 2011

Great Club: Titleist CB 710 Irons

I've been hitting Titeist irons for 15 years now. I'm an 18 handicap and I love my 735 cm 6 iron and my 704 8 and 9 irons. Titleist really feels that the Titleist CB 710 Irons is going to be a great club for those golfers. Given my experience with the club, I'd tend to agree.

For those wondering about blended sets of the CB and the MB, that won't be quite as easy as with previous generations. The lofts on the CB and MB are the same (previous generations had stronger-lofted cavity back models), so the CB launches a little higher and with a bit more spin than the corresponding MB iron. Golfers may need to do some set tuning or loft bending in order to blend CB long irons with MB short irons.

Am I a crazy left handed hacker, you ask? Yes I am but trust me fellow hackers, you need to step it up and get these Titleist "Players" irons. Okay, I'll admit they take some time getting used to however once you get used to them you'll never go back to game improvement clubs ever.

Now, my friend the scratch golfer just bought the Mizuno MP 52's and he loves them. Another new players club is the Ping i15's which if I was to switch irons I would go with Ping but I think Titleist irons are the best of the best.

And my Vokey 56 sand wedge? Forget about it, it's the best club in my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment