Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Golf Club Review: The Ping G15 Hybrid

A few months back, Ping came out with its new G10 line of golf equipment. Starting with the G2, then the G5 series, these clubs have a lot to live up to!

I decided to review their new line for myself so I could see what all the buzz was about.

The Ping G15 Hybrid is engineered as a high-launching, forgiving alternative to long- and mid-irons. A large internal toe pad expands the perimeter weighting to make it PING’s most forgiving and longest hybrid ever. The stainless steel hybrid’s unique shape features an iron-style face and hosel design which positions the center of gravity closer to the face to increase launch angle and reduce spin. The clean look at address inspires confidence for golfers of all abilities.

Features:
Iron-style hybrid design w/patent pending technology provides greater distance and accuracy 
Offset hosel design and iron-style face position CG for higher launch and lower spin 
Large internal toe pad for added forgiveness 
17-4 stainless steel 
Face design provides improved accuracy and consistency across entire face 
Five lofts: 17°, 20°, 23°, 27°, 31°

When I hit some balls with last month, I will admit, I was impressed. I was able to square it up and the ball just jumped off the face! The ball launches high and really stays airborne for a longer period of time than that of the G5. Working the ball was not very easy with these wholesale golf clubs as I was unable to hit a fade with this club.

Overall, I would suggest these hybrids to anyone. I would also suggest using the Ping G10 club fitting service. Spend some time with your local pro or club maker and find a shaft and loft combination that will work best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment