Thursday, August 18, 2011

Titleist AP2 710 Irons Review

I purchased a set of AP2s with ALDILA VS PROTO-T 75 graphite shafts a month ago. I used a Titleist fitter and spent a couple of mornings hitting shots - highly recommended. I also wanted to be sure that the high, straight shots were not the result of good swings on one particular day.

The new Titleist AP2 710 Irons have been created with the serious golfer in mind. With their classic blade looks, improved feel and playability for excellent shot control, these multi material, dual cavity forged irons use the latest in ground-breaking technology to give golfers the advanced performance, increased distance and exceptional feel that they are crying out for.

The feel and consistency of these clubs was superior to any of the other clubs that I evaluated: Mizuno JPX-800 Pro; Callaway RAZR X Tour and Diablo Forged; and Nike Victory Red Combo. I particularly like the feel of the clubs, with the weight more toward the head. There is reasonable forgiveness on shots struck on the heel or toe, but you do lose some distance. But the feel of well-struck shots is what makes these clubs special.

The new Titleist AP2 710 Forged Irons (golf clubs for sale) offers golfers exactly that. By conducting extensive research on sound and vibration analysis, they have managed to reduce the harsh lower frequency vibrations that causes poor feel in irons. This led them to develop and construct a forged steel iron set that combines several technologies and materials to accomplish the desired results.

I have now had a chance to play about 12 rounds with the clubs, and they continue to impress with their playability and consistency. I have dropped about 5 shots since playing these clubs and truly feel that I can accomplish my goal of dropping my handicap below 10. Impressive clubs even for an "ex"-13 handicap.

These clubs are very good. And they are not very workable, my neighbour with a 2 handicapp has thesmae problem, but other than that, they are a great set of clubs for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment