Thursday, April 21, 2011

TaylorMade R9 460 Driver in My Bag

Compared to the R9 driver, the taylormade r9 460 driver has a larger clubhead which combines with a deeper clubface and lower centre of gravity to deliver a much higher MOI that promotes forgiveness and a higher spin rate.

This has added about 40 yards to my driver - I used to average about 200 with my Yonex Nanospeed and King Cobra drivers, but with the R9 460, I've even hit one drive 256 on flat terrain without wind. Deadly accurate, very forgiving, and excellent feel. I used to lose at least a few balls to slices, but not anymore with this club. I even broke 90 my last 2 rounds played, with much of it thanks to the R9.

Each R9 driver comes equipped with an Aldila REAX 60 gram tip-soft shaft and measures 45.75 inches. This allows the R9 460 to deliver much greater clubhead speed which, in turn, promotes distance off the tee. Flight Control Technology ensures that players using the TaylorMade R9 460 can shape the shots they want but the club also delivers the length that the modern player demands.

Besides, there are a lot of left handed golf club sets. For a lot of golfers the TaylorMade R9 460 driver will be just what they have been waiting for. Unless you are a low handicap golfer you probably found the head of the standard R9 driver a little on the small side at 420cc. This is because that is the maximum size of head for moveable weight drivers.

And the club is a little longer front to back than the R9 and is verging on being triangular shape but stop just short and still looks pretty good. As the weight is further back the flight is a little higher on average than the R9 but still penetrating.

In a word, it is the best driver I have ever hit. I love the fact that you can adjust the face, which gave me more confidence to "swing away" without fear of slicing it into the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment